[mod_gnutls-devel] Apache 2 taking 100% CPU due to mod-gnutls

Thomas Klute thomas2.klute at uni-dortmund.de
Wed May 25 19:14:31 CEST 2016

Am 25.05.2016 um 06:24 schrieb Sunil Mohan Adapa:
> When using mod-gnutls with Apache2 on FreedomBox, we are facing a
> serious issue that Apache2 ends up getting stuck with 100% CPU after
> serving some requests.
>
> I have reported the issue in detail: https://mod.gnutls.org/ticket/136

Thank you for the report! Unfortunately I could not reproduce the bug,
but I agree that mgs_transport_write not setting errno might be an
issue. Could you check if the attached patch fixes the problem?

If this does not help, would you be able to provide me with a minimal
configuration that can reproduce the problem (e.g. Apache conf, CGI
script for the slow proxy backend, shell script to send requests)? Just
the information which client you are using might be helpful as well
because your report looks like a bug that might be exposed by specific
client behavior at end of connection.

Regards,
Thomas