[mod_gnutls-devel] Apache 2 taking 100% CPU due to mod-gnutls

Thomas Klute thomas2.klute at uni-dortmund.de
Fri May 27 20:15:03 CEST 2016

Am 25.05.2016 um 20:54 schrieb Sunil Mohan Adapa:
> On 05/25/2016 10:44 PM, Thomas Klute wrote:
> [...]
>> Thank you for the report! Unfortunately I could not reproduce the bug,
>> but I agree that mgs_transport_write not setting errno might be an
>> issue. Could you check if the attached patch fixes the problem?
>
> The patch fixes the problem.

I'm glad to hear that. If you have time, you might want to test
a9fa3000b230e3e2c53a99fa86d11b19c74c4017 (or later commits from master)
from https://github.com/airtower-luna/mod_gnutls.git where I've added a
few more similarly missing errno settings in mgs_transport_read().
Either way I'll publish a bugfix release soon.

> I can still work on minimal setup if necessary.  Let me know.

It's not necessary, but if you have a test that could be included in the
test suite, that'd be helpful to prevent similar issues in the future.
Based on your analysis and the fix I assume that would require
triggering EAGAIN or EINTR while reading from the back end server.

Regards,
Thomas