[mod_gnutls-devel] New release: mod_gnutls 0.8.3

Thomas Klute thomas2.klute at uni-dortmund.de
Fri Oct 20 22:45:58 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

I have just uploaded a new source archive and matching signature to
https://mod.gnutls.org/downloads/ as well as the signed mod_gnutls/0.8.3
tag to the git repositories [1, 2].

This is a maintenance release with improved SNI handling, new default DH
parameters from GnuTLS, and some minor fixes and test suite
improvements. Please see the changelog below for details.

Note that GnuTLS has deprecated OpenPGP authentication support and
removed it with version 3.6. Following this OpenPGP authentication is
also deprecated in mod_gnutls and will be removed in a future release,
most likely 0.9.

Regards,
Thomas

[1] https://mod.gnutls.org/git/mod_gnutls
[2] https://github.com/airtower-luna/mod_gnutls.git

Changelog from mod_gnutls 0.8.2 to 0.8.3:

* Use GnuTLS' default DH parameters by default

* Handle long Server Name Indication data and gracefully ignore
  unknown SNI types

* Send SNI for proxy connections

* Deprecate OpenPGP support like GnuTLS did (will be removed
  completely in a future release)

* Do not announce session ticket support for proxy connections

* Minor documentation updates (SSL_CLIENT_I_DN, reference for SNI)

* Test suite: Simplify handling of proxy backend servers and OCSP
  responders

* Test suite: stability/compatibility fixes