libgcrypt and patches again

Dirk Stoecker gcrypt at dstoecker.de
Tue Oct 11 10:26:37 CEST 2005

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Werner Koch wrote:

> > so on. So I have a bit of experience in these fields. I sometimes heard
> > the "This does not work" or "This is hard to do" (and also said this
> > sometimes myself), but usually it is not that complicated as one may
> > think.
>
> It is not a matter whether it is complicated or not. We care about the
> code complexity - each and every line adds to it.  If you provide ways
> to make the code less complex by keeping the API, it is more likely
> that that this will make it into Libgcrypt.

Caring for totally abstract coding styles more then for actual
implementation errors is a strange way to build security relevant
software. Securely freeing and cleaning resources is usually an important
part of cryptographic software solutions.

> Sorry, I see no way to apply a patch for the sake of Valgrind.

Well then, that's a word.
I will extract the parts of libgcrypt I need and build a reduced
LGPL-link-library from this. I will not bother this group any more with
such strange ideas like clean software design.

Ciao
--
|____| _|_ |____| _|_    _|_ |____| I hope AMIGA never stops making fun!