forwarded message from Joe Rhett

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri Apr 27 22:25:01 2001

On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Joe Rhett wrote:

> That's what I did. When I originally sent this message I included the
> entire process I followed -- every step. I ran addkey, and chose a
> signing-only key.
Sorry, I checked the mail again and you proceeded correct. It seems that signing does not work. It is possible that I never tested it with the old version. GnuPG 1.05 and the 1.0.4h snapshot have the key selection code rewritten from scratch I have really tested that subkeys are preferred if they are cabable of signing. You can seen how these versions select a key by using the option "--debug 64". Hth, Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus