Possible bug in using 'recv-key' facility via a HTTP proxy

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sun Apr 22 23:26:01 CEST 2001

Steven Murdoch <sjmurdoch at bigfoot.com> writes:

> Which is the correct option depends on the semantics of the FIN
> packet. To put it simply, does it mean "I'm not going to send more
> data" or "I'm not going to send anything, nor do I want anything back,
> so please close the connection"?

A half-way close of a TCP connection doesn't close the connection
completely, as the name implies.  However, there are only few
protocols which actually use half-way closes, and it's certainly not
mandatory for HTTP according to the standard.  AFAIK, most HTTP client
implementations don't use them, either.