Possible bug in using 'recv-key' facility via a HTTP proxy

Matthias Urlichs smurf at noris.de
Mon Apr 23 08:25:01 CEST 2001

Hi,

Florian Weimer:
> A half-way close of a TCP connection doesn't close the connection
> completely, as the name implies.  However, there are only few
> protocols which actually use half-way closes, and it's certainly not
> mandatory for HTTP according to the standard.  AFAIK, most HTTP client
> implementations don't use them, either.

On the other hand, it's mandatory for a HTTP server (or proxy) to read a
request, process it, and then read the next request (for HTTP/1.1).

This implies, if it's not stated in the standard (I didn't check), that
breaking off processing just because the client explicitly tells you
that there won't be a next request, is a bug.

--
Matthias Urlichs     |     noris network AG     |     http://smurf.noris.de/