Fwd: Re: The --use-tor option

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 20 21:35:39 CEST 2015

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 20:09, twim at riseup.net said:

> What I'm trying to say is that you're dealing with IPv4/IPv6-addressess,
> trying to resolve domain names, etc in your code.  When you delegate

Need to do that to better handle the keyservers in the pools.  Without
that feature a dead keyserver cannot be detected or replaced by a
different one.

> this stuff to some library your code becomes platform independent and
> easier to maintain. So this pluggable network module could be anything

That is called dirmmgr ;-).  You can even script that

  $ gpg-connect-agent --dirmngr \
      '/datafile -' 'dns_cert --dane wk at gnupg.org' /bye >1e42b367.pub

Shalom-Salam,