GPL & GnuPG

Frank Tobin ftobin@uiuc.edu
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:16:12 -0500 (CDT)

Jens, at 21:16 +0200 on Fri, 14 Apr 2000, wrote:

> GPL means - as far as I understand it - that everyone is free to use the
> product for whatever reason one wants. This is also valid for commercial
> use and even for creating licensing keys.
>
> Sorry to say that, but GPL means freedom.
I totally agree with you on this point. However, I'm interpreting Warner's statment as expressing his disappointment that people are 'foolishly' still trying to use the concept of license keys to restrict software. Kinda goes against everything the FSF is against; not that it minds _that_much_ that people still exhausting energy trying :) -- Frank Tobin http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/ "To learn what is good and what is to be valued, those truths which cannot be shaken or changed." Myst: The Book of Atrus