pass phrase

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:23:55 -0600

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 09:31:16AM -0600, Frank Tobin wrote:

> There are modules on CPAN for interacting with GnuPG.
Thanks for the pointer. But those modules seem to depend on "SysV compatible shared memory" and I want to use GnuPG on both GNU/Linux and Windows NT. I've got it working fine on Linux, including being able to use it via the Emacs crypt++ package. I want to do the same on WinNT, but I haven't been able to get a wrapper working that can pass the passphrase to gpg. To the GnuPG developers: I understand the security risk of putting the passphrase on the command line, and I want to do it anyway. It's my system, let _me_ decide how secure I want it. Keep the FD interface for those who want it, but please provide a command-line passphrase option for oddballs like me. If I can't get GnuPG to work on WinNT from Emacs, then I'm just going to revert to PGP, which did work fine since it does allow passing a passphrase on the command line -- Fred Yankowski fred@OntoSys.com tel: +1.630.879.1312 Principal Consultant www.OntoSys.com fax: +1.630.879.1370 OntoSys, Inc 38W242 Deerpath Rd, Batavia, IL 60510, USA