Decrypting with private key and public key is missing

Guru_i gi185002 at
Wed Oct 15 17:09:24 CEST 2008

Hi Im using GPG CL 1.4.9.
case is -
1)somebody (trusted) is generating key pair on my behalf(as proxy). But he
is sending me only my secret key and NOT public key.
2) I was able to import the secret key in gpg keyring using
--allow-secret-key-import command
3) But when I try to decrypt the file (which was encrypted using my public
key its not with me though) I get error message such as

gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available. Though I know I have
secret key with me.

Please help
Sent from the GnuPG - User mailing list archive at