edit key interface in GPGME

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Aug 1 17:17:01 2002

Hi,

the current gpgme version CVS has a new function, gpgme_op_edit, which can
be used to access the --edit-key interface in GnuPG 1.1.90 and later.

The file gpgme/tests/gpg/t-edit.c shows how this can be used, for example to
set the expiration time for a key.  The details of the interface (which
status lines are possible etc) are documented in the GnuPG documentation (if
not, they should be :), GPGME only acts as the communication channel and
takes care of all flow control etc, and of the passphrase handling via the
normal passphrase callback (please ignore all passphrase related stuff in
your edit key callback handler, and leave it to the passphrase callback).

This is specifically put in for GPA to use, other groups or people should
not use it, because we are not sure that this is the final interface.
However, it should do the job for GPA quite nicely.

With this feature, there should be nothing in the way to make GPA use the
official GPGME instead gpapa, although some functions in gpapa have to
remain because they are more high level than GPGME's function.

Please let me know of any problems with this interface in the GPA port, or
any other problem that might prevent GPA from being ported to the official
GPGME version.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de