edit key interface in GPGME

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Fri Aug 2 14:25:02 2002

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 09:26:25 +0200, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> to my understanding, gpa 0.5.0 does not interface with the current
> gnupg 1.0.7.

Yes, that potentially affects, AFAIK, everything related to the --edit-key
menu. Gpapa just prints the commands in the menu without checking for the
response from gpg.

> It would therefore not be wise to make a release 0.5.1 now which would
> require an old version of gnupg.

I agree.

> It is better if the next version would be compatible with the current
> gnupg. I am unable to estimate the amount of work necessary for
> this though.

To do it properly, I think it would require to duplicate the mechanism in
gpgme. So, I think it will be best to just go ahead and do the migration.

I will begin to work on it shortly. I think gpapa will remain in some
places, but it will actually use gpgme for all it's operations.

Just for the record, although I will keep working, my Internet connection
from tomorrow until the 15th (at least) will be through a 9600bps GSM modem.
Therefore, I may look a bit less responsive and commit less often :-)

Regards,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/