Porting GPA to GPGME

Bernhard Reiter bernhard@intevation.de
Wed Aug 14 16:13:01 2002

--DH4/xewco2zMcht6

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 09:27:13PM +0200, Miguel Coca wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 10:39:16 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> > I am not clear on this.  Tne problem is that the key signatures are
> > PGP specific and we don't want have a PGP specific thing in GPGME.

> Are PGP key signatures so different from the certification on a X.509 key,
> other than there are more than one? I don't know enough about the details,
> but they look quite similar to me.

Note that regardless if there is a technological similiarity
or anology between OpenPGP key signatures and X509 certiciations
there are right now quite completely different models of building a PKI
with this technology constructed around them.
So from my view I would hestitate to put X.509 certiciation handling
into the GPA for this reason.

--DH4/xewco2zMcht6

--DH4/xewco2zMcht6--