Porting GPA to GPGME

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Mon Aug 12 21:27:01 2002

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 10:39:16 +0200, Werner Koch wrote:
> I am not clear on this.  Tne problem is that the key signatures are
> PGP specific and we don't want have a PGP specific thing in GPGME.

Hi Werner,

Are PGP key signatures so different from the certification on a X.509 key,
other than there are more than one? I don't know enough about the details,
but they look quite similar to me.

> I don't know wether the tustlist should be used for listing the
> signature or we have to provide a new interface or somehow integrate
> it in the regular keylisting.  I tend towards the trustlist.

Since the signatures are specific to each key and User ID, it would be
easier to work with them if we could get them in a similar way to other
attributes, from a GpgmeKey and the user ID index.

> Regarding backup we should not use gpgme but a special tool which may
> be invoked (fork/exec) from GPA.

It doens't make much sense to export the secret key without the public one,
doesn't it? So, I will take out the option to export secret keys, and later
on provide a backup feature. The tool you describe should be rather easy to
implement for the current gnupg.

Thanks,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es