Porting GPA to GPGME

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Fri Aug 16 04:29:01 2002

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 21:15:37 +0200, I wrote:
> I will commit what I've done by next friday at the latest

Hello everybody,

Well, I've just committed my changes.

First of all, I've tagged what was previously in CVS as version 0.5.1, so
that if anyone wants to apply any bugfixes to GPA while we are working on
this he can use that as the branch point.

Also, I've also fixed a bug when determining the default location of the
~/.gnupg/ directory. Someone forgot that "~" is only interpreted by the
shell, not fopen :-)

Feel free to test it as you like. It compiles and runs fine with GPGME HEAD
and GnuPG 1.1.91. Some comments:

        * In the keyring only key listing, selecting, deleting, exporting
        and importing keys, as well as choosing the default key, has been
        implemented. I haven't even touched the file manager yet.

        Since the program still has a mix of the old and new API's, using
        the unimplemented features is a sure recipe for a segfault :-)

        * Importing keys doesn't work. Marcus, could you please take a look
        at the error I get and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

        BTW, is there any way to write the contents of a GpgmeData to a
        file? I ended up implementing my own function, because I couldn't
        find one.

        * As Werner said, the interface for listing the signatures is still
        being worked on, so it still doesn't work in GPA.

That's all for now,

Regards,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es