Some build issues

Malte Starostik malte@kde.org
Sun Aug 18 07:17:02 2002

--Boundary-02=_j3yX9eU3lrpCgap

Hi,

just updated from CVS and here are some issues I noticed during the build=20
process:

1) I guess this is just a local misconfiguration, but maybe not - or a tool=
 I=20
might be missing should have been checked for by configure; many of the=20
packages bail out with an error like this, so I have to remove doc from the=
=20
top Makefile's subdir list:

cd . \
  && /bin/sh /home/malte/src/aegypten/gpgme/missing --run makeinfo   \
       `echo gpgme.texi | sed 's,.*/,,'`
gpgme.texi:10: @include `version.texi': Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefund=
en.
[no such file or directory]

2) Although libksba compiled fine without pcsclite (I don't need smart card=
=20
support, unfortunately my card reader is too old for pcsclite...), newpg's=
=20
acinclude.m4 contains this (line 437):

KSBA_LIBS=3D"$KSBA_LIBS -lpcsclite -lpthread"

thus requiring pcsclite to be present unless it is manually removed from=20
acinclude.m4.

3) Some packages relying on others (like newpg on libksba and libgcrypt) ne=
ed=20
their bindir in PATH (for *-config). IMHO newpg's configure should find=20
/usr/local/aegypten/bin/libgcrypt-config without /usr/local/bin/aegypten/bi=
n=20
being in $PATH, given that I passed --prefix=3D/usr/local/aegypten. i.e. an=
y=20
part of aegypten requiring others should look for them in $prefix as well a=
s=20
$PATH.

In the hope any of the above was useful feedback, none of it intended as a=
=20
rant :-)

=2DMalte