Status of GPA and GPGME

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Aug 20 08:33:02 2002

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:39:31 +0200, Miguel Coca said:

> Over the last few days I've been committing some changes to CVS. In case
> someone was checking them as I committed, I apologize for the problems that
> there were a couple of days ago. For some reason some files weren't

CVS is developer only - no strong need that it always builds.

> and the subkey. However, each "expire" command when editing keys only
> affects one subkey. So, should GPA edit each subkey and set them all to the
> same expiration date? Only those that have the same expiration date as the

In general I don't think that it is a good idea to change the
expiration date at all - except in certain situations.  Changing th
expiry date for a subkey is especially useless because one can easily
create a new subkey.  The expiration date of the primary key is a
different story: This key (well, the user IDs) are certified by others
and sometimes one does not want to lose all these certificates when
the primary key expires.  Changing the expiration date helps here as
long as the certificates don't cary a expiration date.

> primary key? Or just the primary key? Suggestions?

Do it for the primary key only.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner