Status of GPA and GPGME

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue Aug 20 18:19:02 2002

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:18:29 +0200, Miguel Coca said:

> Speaking of which, CVS GPA (and GnuPG) no longer compiles on a debian sid
> box, due to some changes in gettext. The autogen.sh script needs to be
> modified. Since GPA's autogen is based on GnuPG's, I would rather wait to
> copy the fix from there rather than fight gettext 0.11 myself :-)

I justed commited some fixes and it does build for me.  However it
does not run yet due to a gpgme error.  I am not investigating
further.

BTW, how can we avoid those ugly glib-2.0 warnings about shadowing
time, rand, index, link and such.  Only by removing -Wshadow?

> Then we should allow creating, editing, and deleting subkeys from GPA. Either
> that or remove the ability to change the expiration date altogether.

IMHO, that makes more sense for an average user than changing the
expiration date.

> OK, but then people will change their expiration dates only to find that
> nobody can encrypt to them after the old date arrives.

Better remove that feature from the GUI.  Or well, comment it out so
that it can be reintroduced later with an expert mode.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner