Compilation problems

Bernhard Reiter bernhard@intevation.de
Fri Aug 23 19:55:01 2002

--Fba/0zbH8Xs+Fj9o

Try to switch off all compiler optimisation flags.
Let us know what the troubles are with compiling libgcrypt
in detail.

In principle this works on Mandrake.
We also build it once for Mandrake 8.2.=20
The problem is that Mandrake ships several broken development
packages for gcc by default. This might be an area to check into.
Can you compile and run other applications?

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 07:49:39PM +0200, Edoardo Causarano wrote:
> I'm playing around with KMail S/MIME integration etc... I dl from CVS as =
in=20
> http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/development.en.html and compiled. After som=
e=20
> trouble I got libgcrypt to compile cleanly and installed. Further package=
s=20
> like dirmngr or newpg fail on libgcrypt. the test programs in libgcrypt f=
ail=20
> with segmentation faults. Backtraces are (I think) useles:
>=20
> #0  0x4000a819 in ?? ()
> #1  0x40001e65 in ?? ()
> #2  0x4000f0ba in ?? ()
> #3  0x40001802 in ?? ()
> #4  0x40001658 in ?? ()
>=20
> I run a somewhat stock mdk 8.2
> gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Mandrake Linux 8.2 2.96-0.76mdk)
> gllibc 2.2.4
>=20
> Any hints for this miscompile or instructions to get more informative deb=
ugs.

--Fba/0zbH8Xs+Fj9o

--Fba/0zbH8Xs+Fj9o--