Status of GPA and GPGME

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Wed Aug 28 02:10:01 2002

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 17:55:15 -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:59:16AM +0200, Miguel Coca wrote:
> > If I understood you, once we support one of the helpers, we support all of
> > them, right? So, there should be no problem if we released a GPA without
> > HKP support. Then, as soon as HKP was taken out of gpg, it would be
> > added to the list of supported protocols without much effort.
>
> Correct.  You can actually support it now (I committed the missing
> code today), but it should still be considered unstable.

Hmmm, I haven't taken a serious look at it. I'll probably do after I get key
backups working. But, is there a way to find out which helpers gpg knows
about and/or their location? I gather that is a compile time option, so gpg
is the only one that knows.

> In the meantime, I'll send you some notes I typed up for Simon Josefsson
> who is doing some DNS keyserver stuff.

Thanks,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es