Status of GPA and GPGME

Miguel Coca e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
Wed Aug 28 11:54:02 2002

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 21:07:36 -0400, David Shaw wrote:
> It's a combination of compile time and runtime.  Basically, gpg sets
> $PATH to /usr/[local/]libexec/gnupg and then tries to execlp
> gpgkeys_xxxx where xxxx is the scheme (hkp, ldap, dns, mailto, etc.)
> If the exec succeeds, then great.  If it returns ENOENT, then there is
> no handler for that keyserver type.  See the code in g10/keyserver.c
> (keyserver_spawn) and especially g10/exec.c for the details.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I noticed that in code, but the problem
is where to look for them.

> The /usr/local/libexec/gnupg path can be overridden at compile time
> via the configure option --libexecdir, but the user can also override
> that via a runtime config file option "exec-path" if they want their
> own directories searched for keyserver plugins.  This allows users to
> create their own plugins or override the existing plugins.

That's what I was asking. Is there a way to know which directories are
searched? $(libexecdir) is only known by gpg (for example, in the debian
package gpgkeys_ldap is in /usr/bin), and I would rather not parse the
config file myself.

Is there an option that shows where the helpers are? Could there be one?

Thanks,
--
Miguel Coca                                         e970095@zipi.fi.upm.es
PGP Key 0x27FC3CA8                         http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/