Cross-compiling GPA for MinGW

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Dec 2 19:16:01 2002

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 02:16:46PM +0100, Markus Gerwinski wrote:
>  - remove lines 162-164 from configure.ac. (Else, they resulted in an error
>    message "checking whether va_lists must be copied by value... configure:
>    error: cannot run test program while cross compiling".)

Yes, because you cross compile.  If you want it to work with cross
compilation, you need to provide the correct result for that test in a
config.cache (and use -C with configure).  That's really basic knowledge you
should have when cross compiling anything for any platform.

>  - run "autogen.sh" without any parameters.
>  - run "autogen.sh --build-w32 --with-gpgsm=tests/gpgsm".

Both are wrong, even if we ignore that the path you specify for gpgsm is
just bogus.  If you ask it to compile in gpgsm support then of course it
tries to do so.  So do what the documentation says and run "autogen.sh
--build-w32" and then configure without any --with-gpgsm option.

> I got the same error messages about Assuan again.

If you still see problems after doing things correctly, let me know.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/