Cross-compiling GPA for MinGW

Markus Gerwinski markus@gerwinski.de
Mon Dec 2 19:56:02 2002

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> That's really basic knowledge you should have when cross compiling anything
> for any platform.

Sorry for some stupid questions, but these are my first steps in cross
compilation at all.

> >  - remove lines 162-164 from configure.ac. (Else, they resulted in an error
> >    message "checking whether va_lists must be copied by value... configure:
> >    error: cannot run test program while cross compiling".)
> Yes, because you cross compile.  If you want it to work with cross
> compilation, you need to provide the correct result for that test in a
> config.cache

How do I set up a config.cache with a correct result?

> (and use -C with configure).

You mean calling "configure -C"?

> >  - run "autogen.sh" without any parameters.
> >  - run "autogen.sh --build-w32 --with-gpgsm=tests/gpgsm".
> Both are wrong, even if we ignore that the path you specify for gpgsm is
> just bogus.  If you ask it to compile in gpgsm support then of course it
> tries to do so.  So do what the documentation says and run "autogen.sh
> --build-w32" and then configure without any --with-gpgsm option.

That was really the first thing I tried, but it didn't work.

When running "autogen.sh --build-w32" without having run "autogen.sh" before, I
get a bunch of error messages about missing configure and config.* files etc.
As it seems, "autogen.sh --build-w32" already tries to run the configure
itself.

If I don't add the --with-gpgsm=... option, I get an error message like
"Could not find gpgsm".

Yours,

  Markus