gpgme-cvs: missing file doc/version.texi

Marc Mutz mutz@kde.org
Wed May 8 15:35:01 2002

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 14:05, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 8 May 2002 13:12:47 +0200, Marc Mutz said:
> > gpgme.texi:10: @include version.texi: No such file or directory.
>
> This file will be created by a proper Makefile.  Something with your
> autotools is not correct.

That's the easy answer, yes. Problem is I used the auto* tarballs and compiled
them myself back when KDE started to require them earlier this year and
Mandrake had no .rpms out then. Since then, I had no problems with them. They
also work fine for the other modules. AFAICT, only the autogen.sh failure and
the missing version.texi make problems.

FWIW, this is the Makefile snippet generated:
- --begin--
$(srcdir)/version.texi: # $(srcdir)/stamp-vti
        @:
$(srcdir)/stamp-vti: gpgme.texi $(top_srcdir)/configure.ac
        @(set `$(SHELL) $(srcdir)/mdate-sh $(srcdir)/gpgme.texi`; \
        echo "@set UPDATED $$1 $$2 $$3"; \
        echo "@set UPDATED-MONTH $$2 $$3"; \
        echo "@set EDITION $(VERSION)"; \
        echo "@set VERSION $(VERSION)") > vti.tmp
        @cmp -s vti.tmp $(srcdir)/version.texi \
          || (echo "Updating $(srcdir)/version.texi"; \
              cp vti.tmp $(srcdir)/version.texi)
        -@rm -f vti.tmp
        @cp $(srcdir)/version.texi $@
- --end--

and this is the Makefile.in snippet:
- --begin--
$(srcdir)/version.texi: @MAINTAINER_MODE_TRUE@ $(srcdir)/stamp-vti
        @:
- --end--

Seems like
find -type f | xargs grep AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
./aclocal.m4:AC_DEFUN([AM_MAINTAINER_MODE],
./configure.ac:AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
is the culprit, since ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode fixes it.

> > Um, a few well-placed .cvsignore's would also be nice :-) Or are you all
> > using
>
> Having a .cvsignore in the CVS is a Bad Thing due to practical and
> privacy reasons.  Everyone has different e ways of creating test
> files, backups, notes etc.  This is not public and megring different
> versions of .cvsignores is just a headache.

I meant a .cvsignore that contains all generated files:
- --begin--
Makefile
Makefile.in
*.o
*.lo
- --end--

> > builddir != srcdir?
>
> Frankly, this is the best solution in general.  Or use pcl-cvs.
<snip>

- --
Marc Mutz <mutz@kde.org>