Kpgp problem (here's the patch)

Steffen Hansen hansen@kde.org
Mon Sep 9 06:38:01 2002

* Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@intevation.de> [Sep 02. 2002 13:18]:
> > > Hint on how to test S/MIME in KMail can be found on the following page:
> > > http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/development.en.html
> >
> > I consider the way to get PGP/MIME or S/MIME working still far too
> > complicated. Currently not even the developers manage to get it working
> > without help, so how shall the users manage that after KDE 3.1?
>
> Yes, we have to fix this.

The biggest issue IMHO is the number of individual packages in the
backend. This is probably not going to be solved before the stuff is
packaged nicely by the linux distributors.

So, besides the multiple "./configure && make && make install" runs, the
biggest issue is initial gpgsm configuration. Creation of the
certificate request can by done from kgpgcertmanager by now.

wkr.
--
Steffen Hansen

Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB

email: hansen@kde.org, steffen@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se,
       steffen@hrhansen.dk
www:   http://www.hrhansen.dk