GPA 0.6.1 Binary for Win32?

Miguel Coca mcoca@gnu.org
Sat Apr 26 14:55:02 2003

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 03:19:01 -0700, Roy S. Rapoport wrote:
> Apologies for posting on the dev list -- I could not find a gpa-users lis=
t.

There is no such list, so I guess this (or gnupg-users) is the right one.

> I'm trying to integrate GPG 1.2.1 with Outlook on Windows 2000; for this,=
 I'm
> using Gnupg-Plugin from http://www3.gdata.de/gpg/;  This plugin requires
> gpa.exe, and comes with gpa.exe 0.4.0
>=20
> Now, the other requirement I have is to use the same pub/sec keys on my
> Windows box as I do on my UNIX box; copying them over works with gpg --
> gpg.exe works exactly as expected. =20
>=20
> Unfortunately, gpa.exe (0.4.0) seems incapable of recognizing these keys,
> probably because of some incompatibility;

GPA before 0.6.0 is known to have problems with newer GnuPGs. However,
nobody has mentioned not even seeing the keys before. Maybe it's a
configuration problem?

I think 0.4.0 expected GnuPG to be at c:\gnupg\gpg.exe, so if you have
it in a different place you will need to run "gpa --gpg-program <path>".

Anyway, using gpa 0.4.0 and gnupg 1.2.1 is not recommended at all. It
might work for very simple operations, but key signings will fail, for
example.

> I'm hoping that 0.6.1 fixes this problem, but I can't compile on
> this system (unless someone thinks I have a fair chance of finding a
> gcc for win32 and getting it to compile?), so I'm hoping someone has
> a binary of the latest gpa.exe for win32 handy.

To my knowledge, nobody has a compiled binary for Windows.

GPA itself ought to compile under win32. I was careful not to use any
unix specific feature in 0.6, and provide alternatives when I was
forced to do it. At most it should need to touch some includes.

However, GPGME, which GPA needs, does not compile on win32. A few
months ago I managed to compile it with some hacks. It failed it's own
tests, and I didn't have much time, so I didn't go further.

If you (or someone else) are really interested in trying it, contact
me and I'll send you what I have. But I'm afraid I won't be able to
help much.

As for compiler, there is always MinGW/MSYS, or the mingw cross
compiler from GNU/Linux. IIRC that was used to compile GPA 0.5.0 for
Windows.

Thanks,
--=20
Miguel Coca (mcoca@gnu.org)                http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/