gnupg port to openct, but not working

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sun Aug 17 12:32:02 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:07:16 +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus said:

> I replaced ct-api and pcsc code in scd/apdu.c
> with a pure openct implementation. Merging
> this code later should be easy. Olaf,

I don't understand your code.  You obviously replaced the ctAPI and
the PC/SC driver by the openct driver without allowing to build
without OpenCT and ignoring the design goal that drivers are to be
loaded dynamically.

An openct driver can onkly be used in addition to PC/SC and ctAPI but
not as the only solution.  openct is no kind of a standard and given
that opensc used to change the API several times without any detailed
changed log, I presume that the same might happen to openct.  That is
of course not acceptable.

BTW, we can't accept patches without copyright assignments.

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com