Help... GPGME won't compile

John Aldrich john@chattanooga.net
Fri Aug 29 22:34:02 2003

On Friday 29 August 2003 07:46 am, Robert Schiele wrote:

> > Also, when I built the RPM for GPGME 4.0, it decided it wanted to install
> > the file /usr/share/info/dir which is already there by the "info"
> > package. I see this as a small problem... I suppose I could have it put
> > GPGME in the /usr/local/ tree, but still, it would be nice if there
> > weren't these conflicts. :-)
>
> You should not package this file into your RPM package.  This is a
> directory file for info.  You may want to read the texinfo documentation.

Well, duh! :-) I kinda figured that. 'Course it was included in the SRPM for
the last version I compiled and tried to install. I ended up forcing it and
overwriting that file. I guess my question is more "why the heck is that file
included in the RPM?" When I try to compile an older, more stable version
(3.9) it gives me the error that it finds "unpackaged files" there. How do I
get around this and install it so that RPM knows that it's there???
	John