Help... GPGME won't compile

Robert Schiele robert.schiele@t-online.de
Fri Aug 29 23:24:01 2003

--EuxKj2iCbKjpUGkD

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 04:35:50PM -0400, John Aldrich wrote:
> Well, duh! :-) I kinda figured that. 'Course it was included in the SRPM =
for=20
> the last version I compiled and tried to install. I ended up forcing it a=
nd=20
> overwriting that file. I guess my question is more "why the heck is that =
file=20
> included in the RPM?" When I try to compile an older, more stable version=
=20

The spec file in gpgme-0.4.0.tar.gz does not package this file.  So what RPM
file are you talking about?

If your package includes this directory file, it is broken.  If you are usi=
ng
a different spec file than the one shipped with the package, then this list=
 is
not an appropriate place to ask for help.  Especially not, if you do not gi=
ve
details, what you are doing.

In general you should point out in detail which software releases you are
using, what you have done, and what was the exact error message when you se=
nd
a problem report.  Otherwise it is quite likely that nobody understand your
problem and thus nobody can help you.

> (3.9) it gives me the error that it finds "unpackaged files" there. How d=
o I=20
> get around this and install it so that RPM knows that it's there???

If you tell me exactly, what you have done, I will try to reproduce your
problem.  At the moment I cannot, because everything works fine for me.

Robert

--=20
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517
Dipl.-Wirtsch.informatiker	mailto:rschiele@uni-mannheim.de