GPA crosscompiling

Miguel Coca mcoca@gnu.org
Wed Feb 5 19:34:02 2003

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 18:19:17 +0100, Florian Boor wrote:
> Hello!

Hi,

> >Does it show a dialog while it's busy? At startup GPA needs to do a
>=20
> No, nothing...
>=20
> >complete keylisting, which takes some time. If you are using the same
> >keyring since gnupg 1.0.6, you can speed that up by rebuilding the
> >key DB caches (gpg --rebuild-keydb-caches).
>=20
> But i don't think more than 15 minutes (on a 200MHz strongarm) ;-)
>=20
> >Does GPA work after the GUI shows up?
>=20
> No gui at all :-(
>=20
> From the output of gdb it looks like gps waits for output from
> gnupg.

Nope. From the backtrace it looks like it's reading the config file
(~/.gnupg/gpa.conf). But the config file shouldn't be there the first
time you run it, so it shouldn't be reading it at all!

The code seems fine, and I can't reproduce this on my box. I can't
imagine what is going wrong here. What OS is the box running?

Could you check whether ~/.gnupg/gpa.conf exists? If it does, try to
remove it and run gpa again inside gdb. If it still does this, please
send me a complete backtrace. We'll see whether we can figure this
out :-)

Thanks,
--=20
Miguel Coca (mcoca@gnu.org)                http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~e970095/