error #22 invalid engine

Alex Griffiths alex-news@unfed.biz
Sat Jul 26 16:57:02 2003

I have a similar problem, and I believe I have the latest versions of
everything and no duplicates:

cryptplug-0.3.16
gnupg-1.2.2
gpgme-0.3.15
libgcrypt-1.1.12
libksba-0.4.7
newpg-0.9.4
pinentry-0.6.9
kmail-1.5.9.1i

I get a message saying the OpenPGP plugin is broken when I start kmail, if I
try to sign or encrypt a message using that plugin kmail doesn't do
anything when I hit "send". I assume that the plugin is failing and kmail
isn't handling the error, which isn't too surprising considering it issued
a warning when it started.

If I try the S/MIME plugin I get a rather strange message saying that the
certificate I'm using doesn't contain the sender's address (it does), when
I click on the "Use Anyway" button the Error #22 message pops up.  The
builtin OpenPGP works fine and I do have gpg-agent running and the
GPG_AGENT_INFO is set before I run kmail.

Does anyone have any ideas?

   Cheers,
     --alex