[issue74] kmail: Trying to sign with encryption-only cert. uses wrong cert

Bernhard Herzog aegypten-issues at intevation.de
Thu Feb 5 16:09:54 CET 2004

New submission from Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de>:

I'm currently trying to test the behavior of KMail with certificates that only
allow signing or encryption but not both.  I currently have three certificates
for three different keys for my test user, one that allows both, one only for
signing and one only for encryption.

Now I try to send a mail and sign it with the encryption-only key by selecting
that from the list of certificates kmail pops up when I send the mail.  Instead
of issuing an error message the mail is signed with a different cert, the one
that allows both signing and encrypting.

Ideally, the encryption only certificate should not be presented to me as a
choice for signing at all, of course.

Version current cvs aegypten_2_0_0_pre2_release tag  (aegypten_branch is a not
usable enough right now)

assignedto: marc
messages: 303
nosy: bh, marc
status: unread
title: kmail: Trying to sign with encryption-only cert. uses wrong cert
topic: KMail