[issue75] kmail: broken error message when encrypting to sign-only cert

Bernhard Herzog aegypten-issues at intevation.de
Thu Feb 5 16:40:08 CET 2004

New submission from Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de>:

Same setup as in  Issue74: three certificates for three different keys for my
test user, one that allows both, one only for signing and one only for
encryption.  I'm noe trying to encrypt with a signature only key.  I get the
error message:

This message could not be encrypted!
The Crypto Plug-In 'smime' reported the following details:
#50331773 : $mjA at X
Your configuration might be invalid or the Plug-In damaged.

Then I click on OK and get:

Error: The Crypto Plug-in 'smime' did not return any encoded data.
Please report this bug:
http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/

Another OK and:

Structuring information returned by the Crypto plug-in could not be processed
correctly; the plug-in might be damaged.

I shuldn't really be able to select that certificate at all, of course.

assignedto: marc
messages: 304
nosy: bh, marc
status: unread
title: kmail: broken error message when encrypting to sign-only cert
topic: KMail