[issue100] gpgsm: infinite loop when verifying mail with manipulated certificate

Bernhard Herzog aegypten-issues at intevation.de
Thu Feb 26 18:51:43 CET 2004

New submission from Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de>:

When I try to verify the attached smime.p7m I get an infinite loop in gpgsm and
the size of the gpgsm process keeps growing.  The certificate in that file has
been manipulated (to test how gpgsm deals with that :) ).  It's important that
the original unmanipulated cert is not in gpgsm's keybox yet.  It's best to
start with a completely empty keybox and import the CA certs first (WurzelZS3
and testZS5 from Intevation's ldap).

----------
assignedto: werner
files: smime.p7m
messages: 418
nosy: bh, werner
priority: bug
status: unread
title: gpgsm: infinite loop when verifying mail with manipulated certificate
topic: gpgsm
Aegypten issue tracker <aegypten-issues at intevation.de>
<https://intevation.de/roundup/aegypten/issue100>