Fwd: KMail/GnuPG always report problems with signed S/MIME

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jul 20 16:06:14 CEST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:20:04 +0200, bsmaillist  said:

> OK. I'm willing to give it a try. Should I deinstall v1.3 first? All the
> components?

No, they peacefully coexist.

> Does gnupg 1.9.9 support smartcards via PKCS#11?

pkcs#11 is a silly standard only useful if you want to hide your
application, driver or whatever.  This it is IMHO not useful for FS.

gnupg 1.9 supports a couple of smartcard - if you are able to build
with OpenSC it should support many pkcs#15 card and it natively
support DINSIG, NKS and OpenPGP cards.  Access either using ctAPI,
PC/SC or using the native CCID driver.

  Werner