Can not encrypt or decrypt large files with GPA:

balogh.david at hushmail.com balogh.david at hushmail.com
Mon Jul 2 22:56:28 CEST 2007

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:23:18 +0200 Bernhard Reiter
<bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
>Hi David,
>
>On Thursday 28 June 2007 01:36, balogh.david at hushmail.com wrote:
>> With the GPA GUI, if I attempt to decrypt or encrypt a file of
>say
>> 3GB+, I get a GPA error box
>> that simply says: /path/filename.gpg: File too large
>>
>> Is there a work around for this? Do I have something mangled?
>
>thanks for your report!
>Can you give us the precise version
>of GPA you have this problem with and
>the operating system?
>
>(This will shorten the time for the (mostly volunteer) developers
>to reproduce the problem.)
>
>Best is to open an issue in the problem tracker for GPA
>for this
>http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?group_id=13
>
>(This will make sure the point is not forgotten.)
>

>Bernhard

Greetings!

Linux OS, CentOS 5
The version of GPA I am using came from the Dag repository and the
file is:
gpa-0.7.0-1.2.el5.rf.i386.rpm
(Dag runs a little behind on versions...)
The gpgme also came from the Dag repo and is:
gpgme-1.0.3-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
Since I did not make the rpm or build it from source, I have no
idea what options, if any, were used for compile.

Since this might have been corrected in a more recent version,
should I still file a bug report, or does anyone know if this is
still an issue in 0.7.6?

Many thanks!