gnupg for mipsel-linux

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
08 Aug 2001 11:27:10 +0200

On 08 Aug 2001 11:00:25 +0200, Niels Möller said:

> --target is used only for configuring compilers and similar tools.
> It's the platform you want the built program to generate code for.
> So it doesn't apply to gnupg.
BTW, the scripts/autoconf --build-w32 code used --target and it worked. I fixed that while migrating to autoconf 2.52.
> When you have the name, use the --host flag to configure. And then
> hope that gnupg supports cross compilation, I haven't tried.
For Windows it works ;-). I have not tried any other hosts. There are some assumptions in the code (watch out for "assuming foo" in the configure log). So it should work for 32 bit little endian hosts. There are one or two case statements in the configure script which can be used to change values for certain hots (grep for "mingw32"). -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus