Info about libgcrypt

Dave Trombley dtrom@bumba.net
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:24:21 -0500

Greetings!

    I found this list from the home page at www.gnupg.org.  There
unfortunately was little info there on what the gcrypt library is/will
be, but if I assume correctly it will provide a programmatic interface
to the cryptographic methods that GPG currently uses?  (ie. GPG 1.1 will
provide just the front end and "business logic")  If I am not mistaken,
and this is indeed the plan, I'm quite excited to see it hapenning, and
find myself wondering about the status - a good, free, public key crypto
library is exactly what I'd like to start with in implementing a certain
project idea of mine, and it would be ugly at best to wrap the gpg
binary with system calls.  Is there a snapshot available? (I poked
around on ftp.gnupg.org, but wasn't entire sure what was what there...)
 If you are actually in the implementation phase of this, and have a
task list, I'd love to look it over to see if there's anything I'm
capable of helping out with. (I'm a math undergrad with an interest in
cryptography, and a pretty capable C/Java programmer as well)

   Cheers,
    dj trombley
    <dtrom@bumba.net>