linker error during compilation

Marcus Brinkmann Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 15:57:26 +0100

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 03:30:29PM -0500, Blake Matheny wrote:
> According to the documentation that I have for my linker, it says that the
> syntax for the VERSION command is:
>
> VERSION { commands }
>
> where VERSION should not be blank.

Your report is very incomplete, and thus we don't know how to fix this
problem.  More important than a patch is always an accurate description of
the problem, and that includes the operating system you are using, and the
version of the linker (and if it is the system linker or GNU ld).

Without a VERSION, it is an anonymous version map.  This is supported by
binutils 2.13 or later, probably also by earlier versions.  It should also
be supported by Solaris.

Please let us know which system and version you are using.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/