GNUPG devlopment

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder avbidder@fortytwo.ch
07 Jan 2003 18:48:21 +0100

--=-cnzgA32cQYXMGMq9CIaQ

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 17:47, tibby doggy wrote:
>  I am not a member of your team.=20

Me neither.

That out of the way: It's open source software. You don't need
permission to do anything. Grab the code and start playing around.
[...]
> many things I don't like about it. One is the fact
> it uses a nonbijective compression. I feel this
> is where I my be able to first contribute if allowed.
> I would like to write a bijective compressor as an
> alternative when compression is done.

Introducing new compression algorithm into gpg would be incompatible to
pgp, older gpg versions and the openpgp standard. So I don't really see
the benefit of using a nonstandard compression algorithm.

cheers
-- vbi

--=20
this email is protected by a digital signature: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg