How to verify a detached signature in an embedded device

Voser Peter peter.voser@siemens.com
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:52:18 +0200

Hello,
I want to verify a detached signature in a boot loader.
The boot loader is built using the GNU toolchain for my
processor, but there is no OS available (no file system,
no shell, no stdin/stdout, ...).

I have the signature as well as the public key and the
corresponding text as character arrays in the RAM.
Also, I know how long the corresponding arrays are.
Is there a possibility to verify them? Has anyone
already written this code? Or: can anyone give me a
tip how to modify the gpgme lib? I looked at the source
code of the gpgme lib, but it assumes to have an OS.

The function I dream of looks as follows:

int isSignatureGood(char *signature,
                    int signatureSize,
                    char *publicKey
                    int publicKeySize,