How to verify a detached signature in an embedded device

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:02:56 +0200

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:52:18 +0200, Voser Peter said:

> The boot loader is built using the GNU toolchain for my
> processor, but there is no OS available (no file system,
> no shell, no stdin/stdout, ...).

You might be interested in this code:

  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/people/werner/crypto/sfsv-0.5.0.tar.gz

This checks the signature of an executable in ELF format.  The
signature is therefore embedded within the ELF file and all the tools
to create it should be there too.

If you don't want the ELF support, it is pretty easy to use only the
core verification.  It does only work with DSS signatures.

Shalom-Salam,

Werner Koch                                      <wk@gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com
Free Software Foundation Europe	                 http://fsfeurope.org