Error encrypting string data

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:50:09 +0200

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:06:23 +0200, Ralf Schneider said:

> What do I have to do to get the key as a byte array? Convert the single MPI
> values (gcry_mpi_print) and simply concatenate the resulting strings? You
> remember, I want to encode the key base64 and store it in a database.

You have to make up a format to store the key.  This is entirely up to
you.  OpenPGP uses its own format as does SSH, X.509, SPKI.  A key is
usually more than just the required values for the maths.  For
example, with OpenPGP you need at the very least a timestamp - See
rfc2440.

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com