doc edit (gcrypt.texi)

Neil Spring nspring@cs.washington.edu
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:50:18 -0700

--Apple-Mail-10--1015354931

in the description of gcry_pk_genkey,

@noindent
The key pair is returned in a format depending on the
algorithm. Both, private and secret, keys are returned and my be
accompanied
by some miscellaneous information.  The format resembles closely the one
of the public respectively the private key.  Frankly, they are put into
one container, so that they can easily be extracted.

(taken from cvs via http, after I noticed the paragraph distributed
with 1.1.12)

should instead be:

@noindent
The key pair is returned in a format depending on the
algorithm. Both private and public keys are returned and may be
accompanied
by some miscellaneous information.  The format resembles closely the one
of the public and private keys.  Frankly, they are put into
one container so that they can easily be extracted.

That is, "secret" -> "public", commas are not needed around private and
public;  "my be" -> "may be"; "respectively" -> "".

I would consider dropping the "Frankly," sentence entirely, as it is
redundant with the first sentence after the example: "As you can see,
some of the information is duplicated, but this provides an easy way to
extract either the public or the private key."  I would also consider
dropping the "the format resembles" sentence, as the previous one
stated that both keys are returned -- clearly the format will resemble
what it returns -- but perhaps I misunderstood the intent of the
sentence.

thanks,
-neil

--Apple-Mail-10--1015354931