RC2 in libgcrypt

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:39:51 +0200

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:56:00 +0200, Timo Schulz said:

> What about Nikos libmcrypt? mcrypt --list shows that RC2 is included
> with 128-bit. It should be no problem to cut this down to 40-bit and
> the library is available under the terms of the LGPL.

The thing is that we need a CA for ths FSF and thus an arbitrary
implemention is not good enough under legal aspects..

> Really? How is the name of the function.

/* Public function.  Register a provided CIPHER.  Returns zero on
   success, in which case the chosen cipher ID has been stored in
   CIPHER, or an error code.  */
gpg_error_t
gcry_cipher_register (gcry_cipher_spec_t *cipher,
		      gcry_module_t **module)

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk@gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com