Newbie help

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Apr 14 10:56:11 CEST 2004

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 07:23:15 +0100, Craig Graham said:

> I've installed libgcrypt 1.1.42 and libgpg-error 0.6 but am having problems
> building the example "basic.c" from the tests directory. This is likely to

Please don't use this versions - use 1.1.94 this will be the real
stable thing in a couple of days.

> [root at splosh Debug_Build]# g++ -o test basic.o -lgcrypt -lgpg-error

You are using a C++ compiler to build C programs - that may work or
may not work.  In this case you should get the latest libgpg-error
(0.7) because it allows to use gpg-error.h with C++.

> and since g+ has given no error about being able to find the two libraries,

It did ("undefined reference...").  You should also run

  libgcrypt-config --libs

to see the command line arguments you need to pass to the compiler
(note the -L)

Hth,