decrypting errors with ARM - i386

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Nov 5 22:46:18 CET 2004

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:40:13 -0800, Ulf Schenk said:

> Encryption/decryption on the same platform works well. But If I move an
> encrypted file to the other platform, the decryption process fails with
> crashes.

To track down the probelm we first need to know how you encrypt a
file.  Libgcrypt is just a low-level library and does not implement
any protocol.  A stack bachtrace would be helpful too ("bt full" in
gdb on the core file or the process).

> - Are there any implications if I use mpi/generic for i386?

No, it works on any platform as it is plain C code and very likely has
been used on little and big endian machines.

Shalom-Salam,