libgcrypt - Portable?

Tod Thomas tthomas at chubb.com
Mon May 2 15:36:12 CEST 2005

I wrote two separate programs using libgcrypt, one to perform encryption
and one to perform decryption.  Whan I pass a string to the encryption
module and then pipe its output to the decryption module I get the
correct value returned.  This is on a Redhat 8 box.

When I move the exact same code over and try the same test I get garbage
output.  This is on an old Sun Ultra-1 box running Solaris 8.

I built the library from scratch on both machines.  Outside of
programmer error is there anything I should be taking into consideration
that might point to my problem?

Thanks - Tod