RSA Key Gen: Fast in Test App, Slow in Real App.

jitspoe spizamme at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 07:33:21 CET 2006

You were correct about it being the RNG.  I found that simply calling
gcry_randomize() paused for several seconds.  The slow_gatherer_windowsNT()
function seems to be the culprit.  More specifically, the
RegQueryValueEx(HKEY_PERFORMANCE_DATA, "Global", NULL, NULL, (LPBYTE)
pPerfData, &dwSize); call.  I guess the console app didn't use this for
whatever reason?  Any suggestions on how I would improve this performance?
Looking through the code, the only way I see to do it would be to create a
seed file.